Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Seafoam Green End Tables


Bought these Duncan-Phyfe type end tables at a yard sale (light beige, lower left-hand corner).  I was planning on doing some fancy staining on the top part but I had the wrong kind of stain, so we wound up staining the whole top.  Anywho, when my husband took the tops off of the bases, the tops fell apart in three different pieces.  He had to glue and clamp and sand, sand, sand.

I wish like anything spray paint came in seafoam green.  Why, oh, why, don't you come in seafoam green, spray paint?  Please, Krylon, Rustoleum or somebody hear my pleas!  Since I don't have a fancy sprayer (sniff, sniff) I wound up painting these suckers by hand - no big whoop.

I think they turned out to be fabulous.  What do you think?





On a side note:  I came across this picture while searching for pics of the tables.  It just cracks me up.  (The cat looks like my sweet cat, Loco, who died a few years ago.  I could see him saying this - lol.)


No comments:

Post a Comment